My beloved Aunt and her husband Chris had one seriously CUTE baby in March, little Lachlan. I like to pop in and exchange baked goods for hugs with the bubba when I can. Today’s treats were in muffin form, of the Macadamia, Berry and White Chocolate variety, and they were pretty yummy, if I’m allowed to say that myself.
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup of each white chocolate bits and macadamia nuts
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1/2 cup macadamia oil
2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 200C and line muffin pan with patty cases (the more colorful the better!)
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine white chocolate, macadamias, sugar and flour
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk and oil together
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in egg mixture
5. Stir gently until just combined. I keep my berries frozen until this point so they keep their form – add them in now!
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins. They’ll need 15-20 minutes in the oven.
7. Try driving 30km across Sydney without eating any!
These are the best muffins I have made. What’s your no-fail muffin mix?